We are pleased to announce that Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing (SCBScN) has adopted the following resource to help you in your preparation for the NCLEX-RN® .
Transitioning to the NCLEX-RN®: An Interactive Online Study Guide is designed to assist nursing candidates in preparing for the National Council Licensure Entrance Exam (NCLEX-RN®).
The study guide has been prepared by an experienced nurse educator who has had extensive experience in preparing both new and repeat writers of both the previous Canadian Registration Nurse Exam (CRNE) and the current NCLEX-RN®.
*As a registered SCBScN Student you will be able to access this online interactive study guide for 1 year at no charge.
** BONUS – After you have completed the modules you will have access to our NCLEX-RN® CAT Exam Simulator.
- Structuring your study approach for the NCLEX-RN
- Client Needs Area Review
- Study Tools, Fictional Client Charts & Strategies
- Building Exam taking skills
- 2016-2019 Test Plan – Overview of content areas and percentages
- Dealing with exam Anxiety
- Alternate format questions – SATA, Priority etc.
- Intro to Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) – How it works & What to expect
- NCLEX-RN CAT Simulator
- Flashcard Pack
Features of CAT Simulator
- Adaptive Testing Algorithm – questions increase & decrease in difficulty
- 75-265 questions
- Exam ends at 95% confidence level or 265 questions
- Exam contains similar percentage of questions as the 2016-2019 Test Plan
- 6 hour time limit
- 3 attempts
- Variety of questions: MC, SATA, Priority, Audio, Visual
- Summary of scores in all 8 content area upon completion
- Flashcard pack (mobile friendly) of all questions in database (5 attempts). Questions move out of pack if you get them correct. If incorrect they go back into the pack
- Worksheets & Tools to help you move through questions
How to Access
- Register in our backoffice area and bookmark the login page (link below)
- In the registration fields please choose either Saskatchewan Polytechnic or University of Regina from the Institution menu
- Once you have completed the registration you will be able to see the course catalogue.
- Choose the following- NCLEX-RN®: Interactive Study Guide – SCBScN Students
- Once you start the course you will have access for 365 days
- Each time you login the system will remember where you finished off in your last session.
- All material is copyrighted – You can choose to print off material for your own preparation.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or technical issues.